Scholarship Audition Registration
- Please review all pertinent information and forms on the website before completing your registration forms (see list on the right).
- The section in the Liability Media Release Form MUST be signed in order for students to participate in scholarship auditions.
- ABSOLUTELY NO ON-SITE REGISTRATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
- Festival Scholarship Auditions take place on Saturday, March 16, 2019 beginning at 7:30am.
- Four separate audition classes will take place from 7:30am – 4:30 pm. If you are planning to send students to these auditions, please make appropriate travel plans to ensure arrival in time for your scheduled audition time.
- The supervising teacher will be informed of the audition time prior to the Festival.
- Please do not request specific audition times.
- If you have not heard from the Scholarship Committee regarding audition time by Wednesday, March 6, 2019, please contact Karen McShane-Hellenbrand at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Students will participate in classes consisting of ballet and modern techniques. There may also be a brief improvisational element. Students will be placed in one of four audition classes as soon as their materials are received. Students from the same school will be scheduled in the same class.
- A mandatory warm up class will begin 45 minutes prior to each audition class. Each audition class is 60 minutes in length.
- Appropriate audition attire is required.
Eligibility & Maximum Number of Students
- Scholarships are open to students in 10th, 11th and 12th grades. 9th Grade students may not audition.
- A maximum of 10 students per school may audition.
- Students who are not at an advanced technical level should not audition.
12th Grade Auditioning Students
- Students in 12th grade auditioning for scholarships must have already applied to the colleges who are offering scholarships prior to the Festival audition. They must contact the Dance Divisions of those colleges and notify them of their participation in the RHSDF auditions prior to the Festival.
- Students should call the schools/colleges directly for additional information.
- Students may only audition for those scholarships they can accept based on dates, travel and financial obligations.
- Some students will receive acceptance into a program that may or may not be accompanied by a scholarship.
Selection & Notification
- Recruiters will contact auditioning students via the audition call board (notice board) if a recruitment conference is necessary. They might also contact the head teacher.
- Scholarships will be awarded based on the stated criteria from each institution.
- The recipient will be selected by either a representative from the institution awarding the scholarship or by the Festival’s Scholarship Selection Committee.
Audition Policies & Forms