NOTE THAT ALL FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE AFTER Jan 27, 2019
Registration is for Dance High Schools & Student Dance Participants
(Studios are not eligible to attend)
REGISTRATION FOR DANCE HIGH SCHOOLS & STUDENT DANCERS
- ALL participating schools, dance students, faculty and chaperones are REQUIRED to fill out an online registration form (see Forms, Fees & Deadlines).
- School and student registrations are not considered complete until registration fees are paid.
- ALL individuals participating in the Regional High School Dance Festival are REQUIRED to fill out a Liability Media Release Form.
- Dance High Schools must collect all signed Liability Media Release Forms IN ONE PACKAGE for their participants and send them to University of Wisconsin-Madison Dance Department, ATT: RHSDF, 1050 University Avenue, Madison, WI 53706.
- Fees and forms MUST be received (not post-marked) by the deadline (see Forms, Fees & Deadlines).
- Dance High Schools MUST collect payments from their participants (students & additional chaperones) and make one payment for their group via school check or money order. Schools must complete the Payment Form and send it with their check or money order.
- All Fees are non-refundable after Jan 27, 2019.
- Schools MUST fill out an Adjudication Form and make payment FOR EACH student performance to be considered for adjudication. Forms must be filled out and payment must be received no later than Jan 11. Each online form REQUIRES an electronic link of your video. We will not accept DVDs.
- The list of institutions offering scholarships will be updated on an ongoing basis. This list should be reviewed carefully.
- Each auditioning student MUST complete the Scholarship Audition Form no later than Feb 17.
- The Liability/Media Release Form has a separate line for parent/guardian signature to permit students to audition. This section MUST BE SIGNED if a student wants to be eligible to audition.
STEP BY STEP
STEP 1 ⇢ SCHOOL REGISTRATION
REGISTER your school & PAY your school registration. [School Registration Form; $200, Payment Due Oct 14]
STEP 2 ⇢
Dance High School DETERMINES participant group attending event [LIMIT 25 students per school] and IDENTIFIES dance performances for adjudication.
STEP 3 ⇢ ADJUDICATION
Dance High School REGISTERS and PAYS for all dances for adjudication. [Adjudication Form, $25/performance, Payment Due Jan 13]
STEP 4 ⇢ STUDENT & CHAPERONE ONLINE REGISTRATION
Students & Chaperones REGISTER INDIVIDUALLY by filling out the online registration form. [Student Registration Form, Faculty Chaperone Registration Form, Payment Due no later than Jan 27]
STEP 5 ⇢ STUDENT/CHAPERONE PAYMENT
Students & Additional Chaperones MAKE PAYMENTS directly to their Dance High School. [$115/student, $75/addition chaperone beyond 2; limit 7]
STEP 6 ⇢
Student Parent/Guardians & Chaperones COMPLETE Liability/Media Release Forms and SUBMIT to their Dance High School. [We must receive these forms no later than Jan 27]
STEP 7 ⇢
Dance High School SUBMITS all participant Liability/Media Release forms IN ONE PACKAGE by mail and MAKES ONE PAYMENT (by mail) for all of their participants. [Payment & Forms must be received no later than Jan 27]
STEP 8 ⇢
Students auditioning for scholarships SUBMIT the online Scholarship Audition Form. [Scholarship Audition Form, Due no later than Feb 17]
- Institutions interested in having a table and representatives for recruitment & information purposes at the Regional High School Festival, must fill out the Recruiter/Exhibitor Registration Form. Payment must be received no later than Dec 2. The fee is $225 and includes 2 attendees. Information about recruitment guidelines are available here.
- ALL recruiters/exhibitors MUST complete and submit a Liability/Media Release Form. This form must be received NO LATER THAN Jan 27.
For Those Interested in Teaching
Individuals interested in teaching at the Festival must fill out a Teaching Request Form no later than Dec 2. ALL teachers MUST complete and submit a Liability/Media Release Form. These forms must be received NO LATER THAN Jan 27.